Lung Transplantation; Metastasectomy; Tracheal Diseases
- Lung transplantation - Grading of primary graft function, use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation, ex-vivo lung perfusion.
- Laryngotracheal surgery - Outcome analysis, surgical techniques for cricotracheal stenosis, pediatric airway surgery.
- Pulmonary metastasectomy - Finding prognostic factors, which could help to select patients.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
I am heading a research group working on projects in the field of lung transplantation, airway surgery and pulmonary metastasectomy. We have a laboratory space at 8H with the oportunitiy to perform standard analysis (immunohistochemistry, ELISA, PCR, western blots, cell culture, FACS, etc).
Moreover, a modern animal facility is at our disposal, where we can perform large animal experiments.
- Hoetzenecker, K. et al., 2016. A modified technique of laryngotracheal reconstruction without the need for prolonged postoperative stenting. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 152(4), pp.1008-1017. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2016.01.061.
- Schweiger, T. et al., 2016. Tumor-infiltrating lymphocyte subsets and tertiary lymphoid structures in pulmonary metastases from colorectal cancer. Clinical & Experimental Metastasis, 33(7), pp.727-739. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10585-016-9813-y.
- Schweiger, T. et al., 2016. Bronchoscopic Indocyanine Green Fluorescence Imaging of the Anastomotic Perfusion After Tracheal Surgery. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery, 101(5), pp.1943-1949. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.athoracsur.2015.11.058.
- Schweiger, T. et al., 2015. Clinical impact of c-MET expression and mutational status in patients with colorectal cancer lung metastases. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, 49(4), pp.1103-1111. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ejcts/ezv323.
- Hoetzenecker, K. et al., 2015. Summarized institutional experience of paediatric airway surgery. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, 49(4), pp.1119-1126. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/ejcts/ezv263.