My research focus is on medical imaging from quality assurance to navigated surgery.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
In image QA we investigate automated detection/evaluation and design of QA phantoms in x-ray and nuclear medicine. For navigated surgery we developed AR devices and evaluated th accuracy of CAS systems.
- Figl, M. et al., 2013. An error analysis perspective for patient alignment systems. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 8(5), pp.849-856. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11548-013-0819-5.
- Figl, M. et al., 2011. Factors for conversion between human and automatic read-outs of CDMAM images. Medical Physics, 38(9), pp.5090-5093. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.3622603.
- Figl, M. et al., 2010. Image guidance for robotic minimally invasive coronary artery bypass. Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, 34(1), pp.61-68. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compmedimag.2009.08.002.
- Schicho, K. et al., 2007. Comparison of laser surface scanning and fiducial marker-based registration in frameless stereotaxy. Journal of Neurosurgery, 106(4), pp.704-709. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3171/jns.2007.106.4.704.
- Figl, M. et al., 2005. A fully automated calibration method for an optical see-through head-mounted operating microscope with variable zoom and focus. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 24(11), pp.1492-1499. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMI.2005.856746.