Cost of Illness; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Health Care Sector; Public Health
- economic evaluation (cost-effectiveness, cost-of-illness, etc.);
- valuation of health and social care services and services in other sectors (unit costs);
- socioeconomic gradient in health care and health care use;
- interplay of suppliers of health care;
- quantitative research;
- qualitative research;
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- economic evaluation
- econometric analysis
- (qualitative analysis)
- Mayer, S. & Osterle, A., 2014. Socioeconomic determinants of prescribed and non-prescribed medicine consumption in Austria. The European Journal of Public Health, 25(4), pp.597-603. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/cku179.
- Czypionka, T., Kraus, M., Mayer, S., Rohrling, G., 2013. Efficiency, ownership, and financing of hospitals: The case of Austria. Health Care Management Science, 17(4), pp.331-347. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10729-013-9256-9.
- Simon, J. et al., 2018. Comparative economic evaluation of quetiapine plus lamotrigine combination vs quetiapine monotherapy (and folic acid vs placebo) in patients with bipolar depression (CEQUEL). Bipolar Disorders, 20(8), pp.733-745. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/bdi.12713.
- Simon, J., Gray, A., Mayer, S., Laszewska, A., Rugkasa, J., Yeeles, K., Burns, T. (2015). Cost-effectiveness of Community Treatment Orders (CTOs): Economic Evaluation of the OCTET Study. Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics, 18 (S1), pp.S36.
- Mayer, S. et al., 2017. Costing evidence for health care decision-making in Austria: A systematic review R. V. Barnabas, ed. PLOS ONE, 12(8), p.e0183116. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0183116.