In order to be able to follow the courses at MedUni Vienna, sufficient German skills are needed.
If you have a secondary school leaving certificate from a German-speaking school (with German as the language of instruction and examination) or from an Austrian or German school abroad, this provides proof of German language skills.
If you have a degree from a course of study lasting at least three years with German as the language of instruction, you do not need to prove any further knowledge of German.
Persons whose first language is not German must prove that they have the necessary knowledge of this language for the successful continuation of their studies. The Rectorate of the Medical University of Vienna has laid down possible proof of German language skills by decree:
Ordinance on German language skills
If you do not have a sufficient command of German, you can acquire this as part of the pre-study course and take a "Ergänzungsprüfung" from German. Further information can be found here: pre-studies course
Which proof will be accepted?
The certificate of successful completion of the supplementary German examination through the preparation programm course at an Austrian university is considered as proof of German language skills.
Furthermore, the following examinations/ diplomas (must not be older then three years otherwise a new examination has to be done) are accepted as proof of German skills:
- Österreichisches Sprachdiplom Deutsch - ÖSD Zertifikat C1
- Goethe Institut - Goethe Zertifikat C1
- telc GmbH - Deutsch "C1 Hochschule"
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer StudienwerberInnen DSH 2
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz DSD II
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF): minimum TDN 4 in all parts
- Language competence certificate of an university language center - successfully passed exam on the level C1/2