Anastomosis, Roux-en-Y; Bariatric Medicine; Bariatric Surgery; Bariatrics; Bile Reflux; Gastric Bypass; Gastroesophageal Reflux
As a member of Univ. Doz. Dr. Gerhard Prager’s team for metabolic and bariatric surgery I have specialized in doing research on Sleeve gastrectomy, Omega Loop gastric bypass, as well as the treatment of weight regain after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. My long-term study of Sleeve gastrectomy focusses reflux, weight regain, and quality of life. With my RCT on Omega Loop gastric bypass I aim at revealing the impact of anti-reflux sutures on biliary reflux after the procedure. I am also studying the outcome of different methods of treating weight regain (e.g. pouch resizing and banding) after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Retrospective database analyses
- Prospective clinical trials
- Prospective, randomized, controlled trial of Omega Loop Gastric Bypass with and without anti-reflux sutures – a pilot study (2017)
Source of Funding: Medical Scientific Fund of the Mayor of the City of Vienna,
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al., 2016. Weight loss, weight regain, and conversions to Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: 10-year results of laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 12(9), pp.1655-1662. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.soard.2016.02.021.
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al., 2017. Reflux, Sleeve Dilation, and Barrett�s Esophagus after Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy: Long-Term Follow-Up. Obesity Surgery. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-017-2748-9.
- Györi, G.P. et al., 2017. Multimodality locoregional treatment strategies for bridging HCC patients before liver transplantation. European Surgery. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10353-017-0487-8.
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al., 2018. Update: 10 Years of Sleeve Gastrectomy�the First 103 Patients. Obesity Surgery. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-018-3399-1.