Arthritis, Rheumatoid; Biomarkers, Pharmacological; Clinical Trial; Musculoskeletal Diseases; Observational Study; Patient Outcome Assessment; Quality of Life; Treatment Outcome
- Outcomes in musculoskeletal and inflammatory diseases
1. Outcomes analyses of longitudinal observational clinical, radiographic and laboratory data prospectively assessed in rheumatoid arthritis patients. A focous is set to prediction of response, patient reported outcomes and interactions with objectively assessed outcomes.
2. Analyses of novel biomarkers within collaborative projects to estimate the relevance for further characterizing the disease / disease progression or potentially predicting treatment response.
3. Outcomes Assessment in musculoskeletal diseases and burden of disease in in people with inflammatory joint diseases and exploration of actions to increase quality of life
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Developing observational studies for biomarker and clinical outcomes assessment.
- Clinical database development and quality control.
- Epidemiologic and statistical methods, concerning Risk, Reliability, Validity and longitudinal Studies
- Social Media Impact Analyses
- Studenic P, Felson D, de Wit M, et al. 2020. Testing different thresholds for patient global assessment in defining remission for rheumatoid arthritis: are the current ACR/EULAR Boolean criteria optimal? Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, pp.annrheumdis–2019–216529. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2019-216529.
- Alunno A, Studenic P, Nikiphorou E. et al. 2017. Person-focused care for young people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases: young rheumatologists’ and EULAR Young PARE perspectives. RMD Open, 3(2), p.e000514. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/rmdopen-2017-000514.
- Studenic P, Stamm T, Smolen JS. et al. 2016. Reliability of patient-reported outcomes in rheumatoid arthritis patients: an observational prospective study. Rheumatology, 55(1), pp.41–48. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kev282.
- Studenic P, Radner H, Smolen JS. et al. 2012. Discrepancies between patients and physicians in their perceptions of rheumatoid arthritis disease activity. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 64(9), pp.2814-2823. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/art.34543.
- Studenic P, Smolen JS. & Aletaha D. 2012. Near misses of ACR/EULAR criteria for remission: effects of patient global assessment in Boolean and index-based definitions. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 71(10), pp.1702–1705. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/annrheumdis-2012-201519.