Algorithms; Optical Imaging; Tomography, Optical Coherence
- Hitzenberger/Pircher Group
Research Area: Biomedical optics with a focus on optical coherence tomography (OCT) and ocular imaging
During my PhD work in the fields of applied mathematics and astronomical adaptive optics, I have acquired expertise in numerical algorithms and optimization, physical modeling and parallel programming with GPUs. In my current position as Post Doc at the Medical University of Vienna, I have the exciting opportunity to apply my knowledge to OCT retinal imaging and gain experience in medical engineering and experimental physics.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Wavefront sensing and correction
- Numerical algorithms and optimization
- Adaptive optics OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)
- De Visser, C.C., Brunner, E. & Verhaegen, M., 2016. On distributed wavefront reconstruction for large-scale adaptive optics systems. Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 33(5), p.817. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.33.000817.
- Brunner, E. et al., 2018. GPU implementation for spline-based wavefront reconstruction. Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 35(6), p.859. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.35.000859.
- Viegers, M. et al., 2017. Nonlinear spline wavefront reconstruction through moment-based Shack-Hartmann sensor measurements. Optics Express, 25(10), p.11514. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OE.25.011514.
- Brunner, E., de Visser, C.C. & Verhaegen, M., 2017. Nonlinear spline wavefront reconstruction from Shack-Hartmann intensity measurements through small aberration approximations. Journal of the Optical Society of America A, 34(9), p.1535. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/JOSAA.34.001535.