Endoscopy; Tomography, Optical Coherence
- Leitgeb & Drexler Group
Research Area: Advancing biomedical optical imaging for a step change in medical diagnostics as well as in fundamental biological and medical research by developing cutting edge optical technologies combining strengths of different imaging modalities.
I am primarily dedicated to developing and adapting multimodal, endoscopic platforms to facilitate the early detection and characterization of tumors in clinical environments, enabling in-vivo patient measurements. My specific areas of focus encompass optical coherence tomography, Raman spectroscopy, system integration, and safety considerations pertaining to the developed prototypes. Additionally, I address all relevant aspects required for a successful clinical validation of these technologies.
- Placzek, F. et al., 2020. Towards ultrahigh resolution OCT based endoscopical pituitary gland and adenoma screening: a performance parameter evaluation. Biomedical Optics Express, 11(12), p.7003. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.409987.
- Placzek, F. et al., 2020. Morpho-molecular ex vivo detection and grading of non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer using forward imaging probe based multimodal optical coherence tomography and Raman spectroscopy. The Analyst, 145(4), pp.1445–1456. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/C9AN01911A.
- Schie, I.W. et al., 2021. Morpho-molecular signal correlation between optical coherence tomography and Raman spectroscopy for superior image interpretation and clinical diagnosis. Scientific Reports, 11(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-89188-2.
- Micko, A. et al., 2021. Diagnosis of Pituitary Adenoma Biopsies by Ultrahigh Resolution Optical Coherence Tomography Using Neuronal Networks. Frontiers in Endocrinology, 12. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fendo.2021.730100.
- Leitgeb, R. et al., 2021. Enhanced medical diagnosis for dOCTors: a perspective of optical coherence tomography. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 26(10). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.26.10.100601.