RNA Editing; RNA Folding; Transcriptome
- Computational Genomics
Head: Andrea Tanzer
The main focus of my research are noncoding RNAs. I study their genetic blueprint, evolution and transcription as well as structural features and folding kinetics.
I am teaching Bioinformatics 101, advanced RNA Bioinformatics courses and two sections of the lecture series Computational Concepts in Biology.
Full list of courses at the University of Vienna
Activities at the University of Vienna
From 2014 to 2019 I was a representative in the Faculty's Conference (Fakultätskonferenz) at the Faculty of Chemistry (University of Vienna), for the term starting October 2018 I was elected speaker for the scientific personel.
In Mai 2018 I started a career network for female chemists "WoChem - Women in Chemistry".
Former Team Members at the University of Vienna
Ronny Lorenz (PostDoc)
Marlene Knapp (BSc Student)
Mario Koestl (BSc Student)
Manuela Geiss (BSc Student)
Sophie Weber (BSc Student)
Joerg Fallmann (co-supervised PhD Student)
Verena Birklbauer (BSc Student)
Maria Waldl (MSc Student)
Marie-Theres Braeuer (Student Project)
Bernhard Thiel (co-supervised PhD Student)
Veerendra Gadekar (PostDoc)
Gregor Entzian (PhD Student)
- RNAmod - RNA Structures and the Epitranscriptome (2019)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Elise Richter
- Fast and Efficient Sampling of Structures in RNA Folding Landscapes (2014)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), International Project
- Tanzer, A., Hofacker, I.L. & Lorenz, R., 2019. RNA modifications in structure prediction – Status quo and future challenges. Methods, 156, pp.32–39. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ymeth.2018.10.019.
- Thiel, B. et al., 2018. RNA Structure Elements Conserved between Mouse and 59 Other Vertebrates. Genes, 9(8), p.392. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/genes9080392.
- Lorenz, R. et al., 2016. Predicting RNA secondary structures from sequence and probing data. Methods, 103, pp.86–98. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ymeth.2016.04.004.
- Djebali, S. et al., 2012. Landscape of transcription in human cells. Nature, 489(7414), pp.101–108. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nature11233.
- Tanzer, A. & Stadler, P.F., 2004. Molecular Evolution of a MicroRNA Cluster. Journal of Molecular Biology, 339(2), pp.327–335. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmb.2004.03.065.