Amyloidosis; Aortic Valve; Cardiac Imaging Techniques; Coronary Artery Disease; Fibrosis; Heart Failure; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Mitral Valve; Multidetector Computed Tomography; Myocardial Infarction; Tricuspid Valve
My main research focus is to improve outcome prediction using cardiovascular imaging techniques. Our lab has a strong focus on non-invasive myocardial tissue characteriztation on cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) but features all state of the art imaging workup for broad range of cardiology patients.
During my fellowship at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, I focused on coronary computed tomography (CT) and abdominal CT to investigate the interplay of metabolic alterations with cardiometabolic and cardiovascular outocmes.
Currently, I undergo my training as an interventional cardiologist, where I can integrate advanced imaging modalities into patient managment and invasive treatment.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- State of the art echocardiogrpahy, CMR, and CT
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2014. Right Ventricular Dysfunction, But Not Tricuspid Regurgitation, Is Associated With Outcome Late After Left Heart Valve Procedure. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 64(24), pp.2633-2642. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2014.09.062.
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2019. Global Longitudinal Strain by CMR Feature Tracking Is Associated With Outcome in HFPEF. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 12(8), pp.1585–1587. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2019.02.016.
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2016. T1 Mapping by CMR Imaging. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 9(1), pp.14-23. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2015.11.002.
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2017. Diameter of the Pulmonary Artery in Relation to the Ascending Aorta: Association with Cardiovascular Outcome. Radiology, p.161849. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2017161849.
- Kammerlander, A.A. et al., 2019. Diagnostic and Prognostic Utility of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Aortic Regurgitation. JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging, 12(8), pp.1474–1483. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcmg.2018.08.036.