Fluorescence; Neurosurgery; Optical Imaging; Tomography, Optical Coherence
- Leitgeb & Drexler Group
Research Area: Advancing biomedical optical imaging for a step change in medical diagnostics as well as in fundamental biological and medical research by developing cutting edge optical technologies combining strengths of different imaging modalities.
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging (FLIM)
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Intraoperative guidance for brain tumor resection
- Metabolic Imaging
- Machine Learning
- Schäfer, M.B. et al., 2018. Smartphone-based low-cost microscope with monolithic focusing mechanism. Current Directions in Biomedical Engineering, 4(1), pp.267,
- Reichert, D. et al., 2020. Towards real-time wide-field fluorescence lifetime imaging of 5-ALA labeled brain tumors with multi-tap CMOS cameras. Biomedical Optics Express, 11(3), p.1598. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.382817.
- Erkkilä, M.T. et al., 2020. Surgical microscope with integrated fluorescence lifetime imaging for 5-aminolevulinic acid fluorescence-guided neurosurgery. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 25(07), p.1. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.JBO.25.7.071202.