Colorectal Neoplasms; Immune System; Immunotherapy; Tumor Microenvironment
- Humanized mouse models for translational cancer research and immunotherapy
- Stromal regulation of immune cell development and anti-tumor immunity
- Long noncoding RNA regulation of adaptive and anti-tumor immunity
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Next-generation humanized mouse models (MISTRG-6)
- A collection of 20+ colorectal cancer patient-derived tumor xenografts (CRC-PDXs)
- Cancer immunotherapies
- Fate reporter and conditional knockout mouse models
- 35+ color full spectrum flow cytometry (Cytek Aurora)
- Multiplex immunohistochemistry (mIHC)
- Innate immune reprogramming to overcome therapy resistance in high-risk colorectal cancer (2021)
Source of Funding: WWTF (Vienna Science and Technology Fund), Life Sciences / Precision Medicine
Coordinator of the collaborative project
- Long noncoding RNA regulation of adaptive immunity (2020)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Principal Investigator Project
- Herndler-Brandstetter*, Ishigame* et al. (2018) KLRG1 + Effector CD8 + T Cells Lose KLRG1, Differentiate into All Memory T Cell Lineages, and Convey Enhanced Protective Immunity. Immunity, 48(4), pp.716-729.e8. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.immuni.2018.03.015.
- Ring*, Herndler-Brandstetter*, Weiskopf* et al. (2017) Anti-SIRPα antibody immunotherapy enhances neutrophil and macrophage antitumor activity. PNAS, 114(49), pp.E10578-E10585. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1710877114.
- Herndler-Brandstetter*, Shan* et al. (2017) Humanized mouse model supports development, function, and tissue residency of human natural killer cells. PNAS, 114(45), pp.E9626-E9634. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1705301114.
- Chen, A., Neuwirth, I. and Herndler-Brandstetter, D. (2023) ‘Modeling the Tumor Microenvironment and Cancer Immunotherapy in Next-Generation Humanized Mice’, Cancers, 15(11), p. 2989. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/cancers15112989.
- Moritsch et al. (2022) ‘Tyk2 is a tumor suppressor in colorectal cancer’, OncoImmunology, 11(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/2162402x.2022.2127271.