Acute Coronary Syndrome; Carbon Monoxide Poisoning; Critical Care; Diagnostic Test Approval; Emergency Medical Services; Emergency Medicine; Epidemiology; Evidence-Based Medicine; Intensive Care; Meta-Analysis; Research Design
- Clinical epidemiology and databases
- Clinical research synthesis
- Diagnostic test accuracy and Prognostic research
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Prehospital emergency medicine
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
We maintain a number of registries, including a nationwide EMS-resuscitation registry (AURORA), a comprehensive ACS registry, and a CO-poisoning registry (VICE).
In the field of clinical research synthesis we contribute to the Cochrane Collaboration and share expertise with numerous local and international partners. We specifically aim to advance methodology for non-standard meta-analysis e.g. in diagnostic research.
We also perform both controlled and observational trials in both prehospital and inhospital emergency medicine.
- Roth, D. et al., 2011. Accuracy of Noninvasive Multiwave Pulse Oximetry Compared With Carboxyhemoglobin From Blood Gas Analysis in Unselected Emergency Department Patients. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 58(1), pp.74-79. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2010.12.024.
- Roth, D. et al., 2014. Prevalence of carbon monoxide poisoning in patients presenting to a large emergency department. International Journal of Clinical Practice, 68(10), pp.1239–1245. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ijcp.12432.
- Roth, D. et al., 2015. Safety and Feasibility of the Laryngeal Tube When Used by EMTs During Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 33(8), pp.1050–1055. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2015.04.048.
- Roth, D. et al., 2016. Different Mortality Time Points in Critical Care Trials. Critical Care Medicine, 44(8), pp.e737–e741. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0000000000001631.
- Roth, D. et al., 2018. Airway physical examination tests for detection of difficult airway management in apparently normal adult patients. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD008874.pub2.