Critical Care; Decision Making; Diagnostic Test Approval; Emergency Medical Services; Emergency Medicine; Epidemiology; Evidence-Based Medicine; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Health Services Research; Intensive Care; Meta-Analysis; Prognosis; Research Design
Our work focuses on diagnostic, prognostic, and therapeutic pathways, especially in the fields of emergency medicine and critical care. We aim to learn more about how informed decisions are made by both patients and health-care providers. Ultimately, we strive to provide them with the necessary tools and information to improve acute health care.
- Fuhrmann, V. et al. (2021) ‘Short- and intermediate-term effects of a hospital-integrated walk-in clinic on emergency department-visits and case mix’, The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 46, pp. 410–415. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2020.10.031.
- Tscherny, K. et al. (2020) ‘Early identification of patients with chest pain at very low risk of acute myocardial infarction using clinical information and ECG only’, International Journal of Clinical Practice, 74(8). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ijcp.13526.
- Roth, D. et al. (2018) ‘Airway physical examination tests for detection of difficult airway management in apparently normal adult patients’, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd008874.pub2.
- Roth, D. et al. (2016) ‘Different Mortality Time Points in Critical Care Trials’, Critical Care Medicine, 44(8), pp. e737–e741. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/ccm.0000000000001631.
- Roth, D. et al. (2011) ‘Accuracy of Noninvasive Multiwave Pulse Oximetry Compared With Carboxyhemoglobin From Blood Gas Analysis in Unselected Emergency Department Patients’, Annals of Emergency Medicine, 58(1), pp. 74–79. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2010.12.024.