Accidents, Occupational; Allergy and Immunology; Asthma, Occupational; Occupational Diseases; Occupational Health; Occupational Medicine
My main research focus is the clinical diagnosis of occupational diseases and work-place related hazards, with a special focus on immune mediated responses and allergy.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Clinical occupational medicine diagnostics and physiological testing, specialised occupational medicine outpatient care at the University Department of Physical Medicine, Rehabilitation and Occupational Medicine (Head: Univ. Prof. Dr. Richard Crevenna, MBA, MSc).
- Jordakieva, G. et al., 2019. Country-wide medical records infer increased allergy risk of gastric acid inhibition. Nature Communications, 10(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-10914-6.
- Jordakieva, G. et al., 2018. Occupational exposure to ultrafine particles in police officers: no evidence for adverse respiratory effects. Journal of Occupational Medicine and Toxicology, 13(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12995-018-0187-8.
- Osterode, W., Schranz, S. & Jordakieva, G., 2018. Effects of night shift on the cognitive load of physicians and urinary steroid hormone profiles - a randomized crossover trial. Chronobiology International, pp.1-13. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/07420528.2018.1443942.
- Pilger, A. et al., 2014. Affective and inflammatory responses among orchestra musicians in performance situation. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 37, pp.23-29. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2013.10.018.
- Jordakieva, G. et al., 2017. Sublingual house dust mite immunotherapy has no impact on decrease of circulating erythrocytes upon airway allergen challenge in allergic rhinitis. Scientific Reports, 7(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-02321-y.