Chronic Disease; Diet, Vegetarian; Health; Health Behavior; Micronutrients; Nutrition and Dietetics; Nutrition Assessment; Nutrition Surveys; Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases; Nutritional Sciences; Nutritional Status; Nutritionists; Obesity; Occupational Health; Public Health; Schools, Public Health
My main research focus is Public Health Nutrition, including obesity prevention & treatment, plant-based diets, and maternal-child public health nutrition (e.g. breastfeeding).
- Haider, S. et al. (2023) ‘The Association between Vegan Dietary Patterns and Physical Activity—A Cross-Sectional Online Survey’, Nutrients, 15(8), p. 1847. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/nu15081847.
- Winzer, E. et al. (2022) ‘Promotion of Food and Beverages by German-Speaking Influencers Popular with Adolescents on TikTok, YouTube and Instagram’, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(17), p. 10911. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijerph191710911.
- Luger, M. et al. (2018) ‘Changes in Bone Mineral Density Following Weight Loss Induced by One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass in Patients with Vitamin D Supplementation’, Obesity Surgery, 28(11), pp. 3454–3465. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-018-3353-2.
- Luger, M. et al. (2017) ‘Sugar-Sweetened Beverages and Weight Gain in Children and Adults: A Systematic Review from 2013 to 2015 and a Comparison with Previous Studies’, Obesity Facts, 10(6), pp. 674–693. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1159/000484566.
- Luger, M. et al. (2016) ‘Vitamin D3 Loading Is Superior to Conventional Supplementation After Weight Loss Surgery in Vitamin D-Deficient Morbidly Obese Patients: a Double-Blind Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial’, Obesity Surgery, 27(5), pp. 1196–1207. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-016-2437-0.