Aging; Economic Competition; Economic Development; Economics, Hospital; Economics, Medical; Economics, Pharmaceutical; Health Care Costs; Health Care Economics and Organizations; Health Care Evaluation Mechanisms; Health Care Reform; Health Care Surveys; Health economics; Home Care Services; Models, Economic; Nursing Homes; Nutrition Surveys; Nutrition Therapy; Oncology; Outcome Assessment (Health Care); Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Health Economics
Research Area: Major research areas include the socioeconomic aspects of health, the organisation and evaluation of health care services and health systems, and the comparative costs, benefits and cost-effectiveness of relevant preventative, diagnostic and treatment options.
- Comparative health system economics and policy making
- Economic evaluations for decision making and the development of health technology assessment institutions
- Pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals, devices, and services
- Multi-sectoral and/or multi-payer interventions and services
- Reablement, physiotherapy, rehabilitation, social services for elderly after a fall, medical event, or life event
- The economics of hospital nutrition, ICU nutrition, nutrition in nursing homes, and nutrition in oncology
- Physical therapy
- Chronic back pain
- Health care services in the home
- Disinvestment mechanisms for hospitals and health care systems
- Cost-effectiveness and cost-utility analysis
- Ocular disease outcomes and cost-effectiveness
- Weight loss outcomes and cost-effectiveness in obese individuals
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Systematic reviews
- Targeted reviews
- Cost-effectiveness analysis
- Cost-utility analysis
- Statistical analysis (using Stata, R)
- Multinational surveys
- Native English speaker
- Cost of illness studies
- Schneider, J.E. et al., 2011. Tobacco litter costs and public policy: a framework and methodology for considering the use of fees to offset abatement costs. Tobacco Control, 20(Supplement 1), pp.i36-i41. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/tc.2010.041707.
- Schneider, J.E. et al., 2012. Economics of cancer biomarkers. Personalized Medicine, 9(8), pp.829-837. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.2217/pme.12.87.
- Khan, N., Kiss, N. & Pang, F., 2011. NI3 Economic Evaluation in Niche Markets: The Role of the UK's Advisory Group for National Specialised Services for Rare Diseases and Disorders. Value in Health, 14(7), p.A238. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2011.08.036.
- Kiss, N. et al., 2012. PCN108 Quality of Life and Patient Preferences in Platinum Sensitive Ovarian Cancer. Value in Health, 15(7), p.A429. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2012.08.2148.
- Kiss, N., Sidhu, M. & Tongbram, V., 2012. PRM42 Managing a Systematic Literature Review Project. Value in Health, 15(7), p.A467. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2012.08.1506.