Adolescent Psychiatry; Biological Psychiatry; Psychotherapy; Self-Injurious Behavior; Suicide
My research focus is on Nonsuicidal Self-injury (NSSI) and suicidal behavior in adolescents as well as on traumatic stress in childhood and adolescence.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Brown, R.C. et al., 2017. #cutting: Non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) on Instagram. Psychological Medicine, 48(2), pp.337–346. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0033291717001751.
- Brown, R.C. et al., 2018. The impact of child maltreatment on non-suicidal self-injury: data from a representative sample of the general population. BMC Psychiatry, 18(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12888-018-1754-3.
- Plener, P.L. et al., 2018. Nonsuicidal Self-Injury in Adolescents. Deutsches Aerzteblatt Online. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3238/arztebl.2018.0023.
- Brown, R.C. et al., 2017. Differential Neural Processing of Social Exclusion and Inclusion in Adolescents with Non-Suicidal Self-Injury and Young Adults with Borderline Personality Disorder. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 8. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2017.00267.
- Brown, R.C. et al., 2017. Psychosocial interventions for children and adolescents after man-made and natural disasters: a meta-analysis and systematic review. Psychological Medicine, 47(11), pp.1893–1905. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0033291717000496.