Adolescent; Homeless Persons; Public Health; Sex Education; Social Discrimination; Young Adult
- Grabovac Group
Head: Igor Grabovac
Research Area: Our group within the Lifestyle and Prevention Unit of the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine focuses on health behavior and preventive measures in vulnerable populations (LGBTIQ, homeless, elderly, etc).
My main research interest involves understanding the needs of vulnerable populations, such as youth, LGBTIQ individuals and homeless people in order to bring across health and well-being through awareness and education.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Assessing qualitative data through interviews and focus groups, as well as evaluating data from datasets.
- Seiler-Ramadas, R. et al., 2020. Adolescents’ Perspective on Their Sexual Knowledge and the Role of School in Addressing Emotions in Sex Education: An Exploratory Analysis of Two School Types in Austria. The Journal of Sex Research, 57(9), pp.1180–1188. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00224499.2020.1802644.
- Seiler-Ramadas, R. et al., 2019. “We”re going around the subject’ improving sex education and adolescents’ awareness of sexually transmitted infections: a qualitative study. Sex Education, pp.1–14. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14681811.2019.1668761.
- Seidler, Y., Seiler-Ramadas, R. & Kundi, M., 2020. “No Austrian Mother Does This to Sleep Without a Baby!” Postnatal Acculturative Stress and “Doing the Month” Among East Asian Women in Austria: Revisiting Acculturation Theories From a Qualitative Perspective. Frontiers in Psychology, 11. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.00977.
- Chi, X. et al., 2020. Persistence and remission of depressive symptoms and psycho-social correlates in Chinese early adolescents. BMC Psychiatry, 20(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/s12888-020-02808-5.
- Seiler-Ramadas, R. et al., 2020. Health effects of electronic cigarette (e‑cigarette) use on organ systems and its implications for public health. Wiener klinische Wochenschrift. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00508-020-01711-z.