Advanced Trauma Life Support Care; Amputation, Traumatic; Biomechanical Phenomena; Cartilage, Articular; Intensive Care Units, Pediatric; Multiple Trauma; Pediatric surgery; Reconstructive Surgical Procedures; Stem Cell Research
The Research Group around (Priv.-Doz. DDr. Payr/Priv.-Doz. DDr. Tiefenböck) has its main research interest in pediatric trauma in its entirety (frequency, causes, prevention, therapy, complication, outcome, basic research)
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
The methods range depending on the project from lagre retrospective studies to radiological, biomechanical, biochemical and cell biological techniques.
- Schuller, A. et al. (2023) ‘Correlation of Fall Height, Fracture Severity and Clinical Outcome in Pediatric Supracondylar Fractures—A Retrospective Analysis with an Observation Period of 20 Years’, Children, 10(3), p. 510. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/children10030510.
- Payr, S. et al. (2020) ‘Fractures of the trochanteric region in children and young adolescents—a treatment algorithm for a rare injury’, European Journal of Pediatrics, 180(4), pp. 1135–1143. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00431-020-03816-z.
- Payr, S. et al. (2021) ‘Spine Fractures in Children and Adolescents—Frequency, Causes, Diagnostics, Therapy and Outcome—A STROBE-Compliant Retrospective Study at a Level 1 Trauma Centre in Central Europe’, Children, 8(12), p. 1127. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/children8121127.
- Payr, S. et al. (2020) ‘Effect of donor age and 3D-cultivation on osteogenic differentiation capacity of adipose-derived mesenchymal stem cells’, Scientific Reports, 10(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-020-67254-5.
- Payr, S. et al. (2017) ‘Redifferentiation of aged human articular chondrocytes by combining bone morphogenetic protein-2 and melanoma inhibitory activity protein in 3D-culture’, PLOS ONE. Edited by D.I. Nurminsky, 12(7), p. e0179729. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0179729.