Personality Disorders; Personality structure; Psychoanalysis; Psychoanalytic Theory; Psychoanalytic Therapy; Suicide
- Capacity to Love Research Lab
- Suicide Research Group
Research Area: The Suicide Research Group studies epidemiological and clinical risk and resilience factors of suicidality and aims to develop preventive interventions, which can be translated into effective treatments, suicide prevention initiatives and health promotion programs.
My main research interests are twofold. As a member of the Suicide Research Group I am interested in understanding the complex phenomenom of suicide from multiple perspectives. These inlcude epidemiological and clinical risk and resilience factors of suicidality as well as suicide prevention strategies.
My second broad area of research interest is psychoanalytic theory and practice. Fields of interest include personality structure and personality functioning, psychoanalytic theories of suicide and psychoses, questions of the psychoanalytic setting, and applied psychoanalysis.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Structural Interview for Personality Organisation nach Kernberg (STIPO)
Examination of Anomalous Self-experience (EASE)
Epidemiological data analysis
- Personality organization in Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Affective Disorder, and Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2016)
Source of Funding: Heigl-Stiftung, Forschungsförderung
- Blüml, V. et al., 2015. Psychiatric Hospital Bed Numbers and Prison Population Sizes in 26 European Countries: A Critical Reconsideration of the Penrose Hypothesis T. Niederkrotenthaler, ed. PLoS ONE, 10(11), p.e0142163. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0142163.
- Blüml, V. et al., 2013. Personality Factors and Suicide Risk in a Representative Sample of the German General Population B. Thombs, ed. PLoS ONE, 8(10), p.e76646. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0076646.
- Blüml, V. et al., 2013. Lithium in the public water supply and suicide mortality in Texas. Journal of Psychiatric Research, 47(3), pp.407-411. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychires.2012.12.002.
- Blüml, V., 2015. Diachronie, Heterochronie, Auseinanderfallen der Zeit. Forum Psychoanal, 31(3), pp.257-265. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00451-015-0206-7.
- Blüml, V. & Fischer-Kern, M., 2015. Die "Montagskruste". Forum Psychoanal, 31(2), pp.175-189. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00451-015-0191-x.