Atherosclerosis; Cardiology; Cardiovascular Diseases; Critical Care; Inflammation; Thrombosis
My main research focus is the role of the innate immune system in cardiovascular disease and in critical ill patients.
- Krychtiuk, K.A. et al., 2016. Monocyte subset distribution is associated with mortality in critically ill patients. Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 116(5), pp.949-957. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1160/TH16-05-0405.
- Krychtiuk, K.A. et al., 2015. Mitochondrial DNA and Toll-Like Receptor-9 Are Associated With Mortality in Critically Ill Patients. Critical Care Medicine, 43(12), pp.2633-2641. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0000000000001311.
- Krychtiuk, K.A. et al., 2014. Small high-density lipoprotein is associated with monocyte subsets in stable coronary artery disease. Atherosclerosis, 237(2), pp.589-596. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2014.10.015.
- Speidl, W.S. et al., 2010. The complement component C5a is present in human coronary lesions in vivo and induces the expression of MMP-1 and MMP-9 in human macrophages in vitro. The FASEB Journal, 25(1), pp.35-44. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1096/fj.10-156083.
- Speidl, W.S. et al., 2005. An increase of C-reactive protein is associated with enhanced activation of endogenous fibrinolysis at baseline but an impaired endothelial fibrinolytic response after venous occlusion. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 45(1), pp.30-34. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2004.09.052.