Cardiology; Culture Media, Conditioned; Diabetic Foot; Fibrin; Imaging, Three-Dimensional; Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation; Quality Control; Regenerative Medicine; Tissue Engineering; Wound Healing
- Ankersmit Lab for Diagnosis and Regeneration in Thoracic Diseases and Applied Immunology
- Experimental and clinical cardiology
Head: Mariann Pavone-Gyöngyösi
As a human biologist (anthropology) his scientific background lies in the cell biology and molecular biology. His current research topic is cellular transformation in acute myocardial infarction in porcine in vivo models. Prior to that, he could gain experiences in soft tissue-engineering and wound-healing research as postdoc in the EU-project “Artivasc 3D” at the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Medical University of Vienna (development of a three-layered skin substitute for burn wounds). His PhD thesis discussed the application of fibrin sealant in wound healing (Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology and Baxter Bioscience).
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Primary cell culture, histology, imaging,flow cytometry, RNA, proteins
- Wagner, T. et al., 2018. Different pro-angiogenic potential of γ-irradiated PBMC-derived secretome and its subfractions. Scientific Reports, 8(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-36928-6.
- Lukovic, D. et al., 2019. Transcriptional Alterations by Ischaemic Postconditioning in a Pig Infarction Model: Impact on Microvascular Protection. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 20(2), p.344. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/ijms20020344.
- Gugerell, A. et al., 2014. Thrombin as important factor for cutaneous wound healing: Comparison of fibrin biomatrices in vitro and in a rat excisional wound healing model. Wound Repair Regen, 22(6), pp.740-748. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/wrr.12234.
- Gugerell, A. et al., 2014. Botulinum toxin A and lidocaine have an impact on adipose-derived stem cells, fibroblasts, and mature adipocytes in vitro. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, 67(9), pp.1276-1281. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bjps.2014.05.029.
- Gugerell, A. et al., 2012. High thrombin concentrations in fibrin sealants induce apoptosis in human keratinocytes. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 100A(5), pp.1239-1247. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jbm.a.34007.