Chemoradiotherapy; Colorectal Neoplasms; Colorectal Surgery; General Surgery; Inflammatory Bowel Diseases; Quality Assurance, Health Care; Short Bowel Syndrome; Translational Medical Research
- Surgical Research Laboratories
Head: Michael Bergmann
Research Area: The task of the laboratory is to combine molecular/cellular biology and the needs posed by surgical patients. Thus, the laboratory acts at the interface between clinical medicine and basic research, promoting translational medical science.
- Harpain, F. et al., 2020. Low anterior resection syndrome (LARS) in ovarian cancer patients - a multi-centre comparative cohort study. International Journal of Surgery. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsu.2020.04.019.
- Harpain, F. et al., 2020. Short-term outcome after ventral hernia repair using self-gripping mesh in sublay technique – A retrospective cohort analysis. International Journal of Surgery, 75, pp.47–52. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsu.2020.01.124.
- Kranawetter, M. et al., 2019. Low anterior resection syndrome (LARS) in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer after primary debulking surgery. Gynecologic Oncology, 154(3), pp.577–582. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ygyno.2019.06.015.
- Harpain, F. et al., 2018. FGF8 induces therapy resistance in neoadjuvantly radiated rectal cancer. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology, 145(1), pp.77–86. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00432-018-2757-7.
- Ahmed, M.A. et al., 2016. Fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 induced resistance to radiation therapy in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget, 7(43). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.12099.