Colorectal Neoplasms; Colorectal Surgery; Hypertension, Portal; Liver Transplantation
- Surgical Research Laboratories
Head: Michael Bergmann
Research Area: The task of the laboratory is to combine molecular/cellular biology and the needs posed by surgical patients. Thus, the laboratory acts at the interface between clinical medicine and basic research, promoting translational medical science.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2019. Guideline-conform statin use reduces overall mortality in patients with compensated liver disease. Scientific Reports, 9(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-47943-6.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2017. The role of TIPS in the management of liver transplant candidates. United European Gastroenterology Journal, 5(8), pp.1100–1107. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/2050640617704807.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2017. Management of portal hypertension before and after liver transplantation. Liver Transplantation, 24(1), pp.112–121. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/lt.24830.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2019. Mesenteric granulomas independently predict long‐term risk of surgical recurrence in Crohn’s disease. Colorectal Disease. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/codi.14814.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2018. Effect of pathologist’s dedication on lymph node detection rate and postoperative survival in colorectal cancer. Colorectal Disease, 20(7), pp.O173–O180. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/codi.14241.