Colorectal Neoplasms; Innate Immunity; Liver; Macrophages; Receptors, Natural Killer Cell
- Stary Lab
Research Area: The research projects focus on different aspects of host-pathogen interactions and the contribution of tissue-resident leukocytes to physiologic and pathologic immune responses.
- Surgical Research Laboratories
Head: Michael Bergmann
Research Area: The task of the laboratory is to combine molecular/cellular biology and the needs posed by surgical patients. Thus, the laboratory acts at the interface between clinical medicine and basic research, promoting translational medical science.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Immunohistology, including immunofluorescence microscopy and Fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH)
- FACS (including intracellular cytokine staining)
- Cell isolation from various organs by flow cytometry (up to single-cell sorting) or microbeads
- Cell culture and functional assays with low input cell numbers (including cytokine stimulation, proliferation assays, migration assays, cytotoxicity assays)
- Quantitative RT-PCR
- Single cell sequencing in cooperation with CeMM