Biostatistics; Genetics; Models, Statistical
My research interests include statistical applications in genetics and molecular biology (Genome-wide association studies, QTL mapping, Sequence alignment, Microarray analysis, Next generation sequencing, etc.), Multiple testing and model selection (both theory and application, high-dimensional data, in particular under sparsity assumptions, frequentist and Bayesian approaches, Bayesian deep regressopm, development of new model selection criteria), Optimization problems occurring in statistics (genetic algorithms , mixed integer problems), study design and replicability in animal trials
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
We are continuously working on improving the software package MOSGWA which is designed to perform model selection based analysis of GWAS. Its current version in C++ is available at http://mosgwa.sourceforge.net/.
A corresponding R-package is in preparation.
- CRoNoS - Computationally-intensive methods for the robust analysis of non-standard data (participant) (2014)
Source of Funding: EU, ICT COST Action
- Optimal Selection Procedures in Genome Wide Association Studies (2009)
Source of Funding: WWTF (Vienna Science and Technology Fund), Call Mathematic and ... 2009
- Statistical issues in data mining (2009)
Source of Funding: OeAD (Austrian agency for international mobility and cooperation in education, science and research),
- Dolejsi, E., Bodenstorfer, B. & Frommlet, F., 2014. Analyzing Genome-Wide Association Studies with an FDR Controlling Modification of the Bayesian Information Criterion M. M. Abad-Grau, ed. PLoS ONE, 9(7), p.e103322. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0103322.
- Bogdan, M. et al., 2011. Asymptotic Bayes-optimality under sparsity of some multiple testing procedures. The Annals of Statistics, 39(3), pp.1551-1579. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1214/10-AOS869.
- Baierl, A., 2006. On Locating Multiple Interacting Quantitative Trait Loci in Intercross Designs. Genetics, 173(3), pp.1693-1703. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1534/genetics.105.048108.
- Bogdan, M. et al., 2008. Extending the Modified Bayesian Information Criterion (mBIC) to Dense Markers and Multiple Interval Mapping. Biometrics, 64(4), pp.1162-1169. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1541-0420.2008.00989.x.
- Frommlet, F. et al., 2012. Modified versions of Bayesian Information Criterion for genome-wide association studies. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 56(5), pp.1038-1051. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.csda.2011.05.005.