Colorectal Neoplasms; Colorectal Surgery; Hypertension, Portal; Liver Transplantation
- Surgical Research Laboratories
Head: Michael Bergmann
Research Area: The task of the laboratory is to combine molecular/cellular biology and the needs posed by surgical patients. Thus, the laboratory acts at the interface between clinical medicine and basic research, promoting translational medical science.
- Impact of mesenteric lymph drainage in antigen presentation in Crohn’s disease (2020)
Source of Funding: City of Vienna, inflammatory bowel disease
- The role of FAMIN in cancer development (2019)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Schroedinger Fellowship
- Cader, M.Z. et al., 2020. FAMIN Is a Multifunctional Purine Enzyme Enabling the Purine Nucleotide Cycle. Cell, 180(2), pp.278–295.e23. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2019.12.017.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2019. Mesenteric granulomas independently predict long‐term risk of surgical recurrence in Crohn’s disease. Colorectal Disease. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/codi.14814.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2018. Effect of pathologist’s dedication on lymph node detection rate and postoperative survival in colorectal cancer. Colorectal Disease, 20(7), pp.O173–O180. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/codi.14241.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2019. Guideline-conform statin use reduces overall mortality in patients with compensated liver disease. Scientific Reports, 9(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-47943-6.
- Unger, L.W. et al., 2019. Hepatic Steatosis in Lean Patients: Risk Factors and Impact on Mortality. Digestive Diseases and Sciences, 65(9), pp.2712–2718. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10620-019-06000-y.