Liver Neoplasms; Liver Neoplasms, Experimental
- Liver Surgery
I´m a surgical oncologist with special training in hepatobiliary surgery to treat benign and malignant diseases of the liver, gallbladder and bile ducts. This encompasses a wide spectrum of diseases such as cancer, cysts and lesions, gallstones, stricture and bile leaks. My main research interest is to assess the impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on patients with colorectal cancer liver metastases on liver function and clinical outcome after liver resection. A further research focus is safety of liver resection for HCC (Hepatocellular Carcinoma) in patients with portal hypertension defined as 90 days postoperative morbidity and mortality and to find new predictive markers for liver decompensation.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Prospective randomized trials are used to answer clinical relevant questions on liver regeneration and dysfunction in patients after LR and to evaluate the significance of neoadjuvant chemotherapy or portal hypertension on the post-operative course of the patient. A broad spectrum of biochemica and imaging techniques are used.
- Impact of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy on Clinical Risk Scores and Survival in Patients with Colorectal Liver Metastases. Wimmer K, Schwarz C, Szabo C, Bodingbauer M, Tamandl D, Mittlböck M, Kaczirek K. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017 Jan;24(1):236-243
- Transection Speed and Impact on Perioperative Inflammatory Response - A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Stapler Hepatectomy and CUSA Resection. Schwarz C, Klaus DA, Tudor B, Fleischmann E, Wekerle T, Roth G, Bodingbauer M, Kaczirek K. PLoS One. 2015 Oct 9;10(10)
- The effect of steroid pretreatment of deceased organ donors on liver allograft function: a blinded randomized placebo-controlled trial. Amatschek S, Wilflingseder J, Pones M, Kainz A, Bodingbauer M, Mühlbacher F, Langer RM, Gerlei Z, Oberbauer R. J Hepatol. 2012 Jun;56(6):1305-9.
- Colorectal liver metastasis in the setting of lymph node metastasis: defining the benefit of surgical resection. Pulitano C, Bodingbauer M, Aldrighetti L, Choti MA, Castillo F, Schulick RD, Gruenberger T, Pawlik TM. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012 Feb;19(2):435-42
- Effect of intraportal infusion of tacrolimus on ischaemic reperfusion injury in orthotopic liver transplantation: a randomized controlled trial. Kristo I, Wilflingseder J, Kainz A, Marschalek J, Wekerle T, Mühlbacher F, Oberbauer R, Bodingbauer M. Transpl Int. 2011 Sep;24(9):912-9