Antigens, Differentiation, T-Lymphocyte; CD4-Positive T-Lymphocytes; CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes; Inflammation; T Cells; T-Lymphocyte Subsets
Our long-term research interest is to characterize molecular mechanisms that regulate the development and function of T lymphocytes. With our studies we aim to provide important and medical relevant insight into the regulation of T cell-mediated immunity. In ongoing studies we address the following research topics:
• Histone deacetylase function in T cell-mediated immunity
• Transcriptional control of T cell development and function
• Regulation of T cell lineage identity and integrity
For more information please visit: www.meduniwien.ac.at/immunobiology
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
The experimental strategies to address our research interests include immunological tools, biochemical and molecular approaches, next generation sequencing, retroviral-mediated gene transduction into hematopoietic stem cells, and mouse molecular genetics tools.
- Ellmeier, W. & Seiser, C., 2018. Histone deacetylase function in CD4+ T cells. Nature Reviews Immunology. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41577-018-0037-z.
- Göschl, L. et al., 2018. A T cell-specific deletion of HDAC1 protects against experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Journal of Autoimmunity, 86, pp.51-61. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaut.2017.09.008.
- Boucheron, N. et al., 2014. CD4+ T cell lineage integrity is controlled by the histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2. Nature Immunology, 15(5), pp.439-448. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ni.2864.
- Sakaguchi, S. et al., 2010. The zinc-finger protein MAZR is part of the transcription factor network that controls the CD4 versus CD8 lineage fate of double-positive thymocytes. Nat Immunol, 11(5), pp.442-448. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ni.1860.
- Sakaguchi, S. et al., 2015. MAZR and Runx Factors Synergistically Repress ThPOK during CD8+T Cell Lineage Development. The Journal of Immunology, 195(6), pp.2879-2887. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.4049/jimmunol.1500387.