Bariatric Medicine; Malnutrition; Micronutrients; Obesity, Morbid
My main research focus is to understand:
- the implications of bariatric surgery on dietary intake and nutritional status of morbid obese patients.
- the main influencing factors in the development and treatment of disease and age related malnutrition.
Furthermore I am interested in education and policy development in the field of obesity, diabetes and clinical nutrition.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Schindler K, Pernicka E, Laviano A, Schuetz T, Schneider S M, Singer P, Pichard C, Howard P, Kondrup J, Jonkers C, Grecu I, Ljungqvist O, Mouhieddine M, Schuh C, Bauer P, Hiesmayr M, Team. T N A. How Nutritional Risk is Assessed and Managed in European Hospitals: A survey of 21007 patients. Findings from the 2007-2008 cross-sectional nutritionDay survey. Clin Nutr 2010;29:552-9
- Luger M, Kruschitz R, Langer F, Prager G, Walker M, Marculescu R, Hoppichler F, Schindler K, Ludvik B. Effects of Omega-Loop Gastric Bypass on Vitamin D and Bone Metabolism in Morbidly Obese Bariatric Patients. Obes Surg 2015;25(6):1056-62.
- Lainscak M, Farkas J, Frantal S, Singer P, Bauer P, Hiesmayr M, Schindler K. Self-rated health, nutritional intake and mortality in adult hospitalized patients. Eur J Clin Invest 2014;44:813-24
- de Bruin JS, Schuh C, Seeling W, Luger E, Gall M, Hutterer E, Kornek G, Ludvik B, Hoppichler F, Schindler K. Assessing the feasibility of a mobile health-supported clinical decision support system for nutritional triage in oncology outpatients using Arden Syntax. Artif Intell Med. 2015; pii: S0933-3657(15)00139-6.
- Yumuk V, Tsigos C, Fried M, Schindler K, Busetto L, Micic D, Toplak H. European Guidelines for Obesity Management in Adults. Obes Facts 2016;8:402-24.