Biostatistics; Genetics; Models, Statistical
My research interests include statistical applications in genetics and molecular biology (Genome-wide association studies, QTL mapping, etc.), Multiple testing and model selection (both theory and application, high-dimensional data, in particular under sparsity assumptions, frequentist and Bayesian approaches, Bayesian deep regressopm, development of new model selection criteria), Optimization problems occurring in statistics (genetic algorithms , mixed integer problems). More recently I have put more emphasis on questions of study design and reproducibility in animal trials
- CRoNoS - Computationally-intensive methods for the robust analysis of non-standard data (participant) (2014)
Source of Funding: EU, ICT COST Action
- Optimal Selection Procedures in Genome Wide Association Studies (2009)
Source of Funding: WWTF (Vienna Science and Technology Fund), Call Mathematic and ... 2009
- Statistical issues in data mining (2009)
Source of Funding: OeAD (Agency for Education and Internationalisation),
- Hubin, A., Storvik, G. & Frommlet, F., 2020. A Novel Algorithmic Approach to Bayesian Logic Regression (with Discussion). Bayesian Analysis, 15(1), pp.263–333. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1214/18-BA1141.
- Frommlet, F. & Heinze, G., 2020. Experimental replications in animal trials. Laboratory Animals, p.002367722090761. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0023677220907617.
- Sasaki, E., Frommlet, F. & Nordborg, M., 2018. GWAS with Heterogeneous Data: Estimating the Fraction of Phenotypic Variation Mediated by Gene Expression Data. G3&#58; Genes|Genomes|Genetics, 8(9), pp.3059–3068. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1534/g3.118.200571.
- Szulc, P. et al., 2017. Joint genotype- and ancestry-based genome-wide association studies in admixed populations. Genetic Epidemiology, 41(6), pp.555–566. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/gepi.22056.
- Bogdan, M. et al., 2011. Asymptotic Bayes-optimality under sparsity of some multiple testing procedures. The Annals of Statistics, 39(3), pp.1551–1579. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1214/10-AOS869.