- Research group Computed Tomography
This group strives to enhance cancer diagnosis and characterization as well as find improved methods to predict and monitor tumor response to therapy using multimodality and multi-parametric imaging modalities.
The Department of Biomedical Imaging and Image-guided Therapy, Medical University of Vienna, operates at up-to-date, cutting edge imaging equipment to ensure optimal diagnostic quality in patient care while minimizing patient exposure to ionizing radiation. Functional/molecular imaging is performed on state of the art 2nd, and 3rd Generation dual-source CT systems, high-field MR systems, as well as, PET/computed tomography (PET/CT) and PET/MR.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Dr. Lucian Beer, PhD
- Dr. Lukas Haider, PhD
- Dr. Lukas Reider
- Dr. Alexander Wressnegger
- Albert de Bettignies
- Lovro Markovic
- Christian Paul Schestak
Grants, Honors, Awards:
- The Medical-Scientific Fund of the Mayor of Vienna 2017
- The Vienna Anniversary Fund for the Austrian Academy of Sciences 2016
- Theodor Koerner Price 2016
- Trainee Research Prize, Radiological Society of North America 2013
- Young Investigator Award, North American Society for Cardiac Imaging 2012
- Takx, RA, Vliegenthart R, Schoepf UJ, Pilz LR, Schoenberg SO, Morris P, Henzler T, Apfaltrer P, 2017. Coronary artery calcium in breast cancer survivors after radiation therapy. The International Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10554-017-1119-x.
- Takx RA, Henzler T, Schoepf UJ, Germann T, Schoenberg SO, Shirinova A, Bauer RW, Frellesen C, Zhang LJ, Nance JW, Fink C, Apfaltrer P. 2017. Predictive value of perfusion defects on dual energy CTA in the absence of thromboembolic clots. Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jcct.2017.04.005.
- Apfaltrer G, Szolar DH, Wurzinger E, Takx RA, Nance JW, Dutschke A, Tschauner S, Loewe C, Ringl H, Sorantin E, Apfaltrer P, 2017. Impact on Image Quality and Radiation Dose of Third-Generation Dual-Source Computed Tomography of the Coronary Arteries. The American Journal of Cardiology, 119(8), pp.1156-1161. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2016.12.028.
- Schindler A, Vliegenthart R, Schoepf UJ, Blanke P, Ebersberger U, Cho YJ, Allmendinger T, Vogt S, Raupach R, Fink C, Saam T, Bamberg F, Nikolaou K, Apfaltrer P 2014. Iterative Image Reconstruction Techniques for CT Coronary Artery Calcium Quantification: Comparison with Traditional Filtered Back Projection in Vitro and in Vivo. Radiology, 270(2), pp.387-393. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1148/radiol.13130233.
- Apfaltrer, P. et al., 2012. Contrast-Enhanced Dual-Energy CT of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors. Investigative Radiology, 47(1), pp.65-70. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/RLI.0b013e31823003d2.