Drug-Related Side Effects and Adverse Reactions; Molecular Targeted Therapy; Neoplastic Stem Cells; Tumor Microenvironment; Veterinary Medicine
- Peter Valent
My main research focus are myeloid malignancies. Within this field, I am particulary interested in the interactions of leukemic stem cells (LSC) and the bone marrow (BM) niche and the role that the BM niche plays in protecting LSC against targeted therapy. Furthermore, I am working in the field of comparative oncology, where I focus on improvement of treatment methods in human patients by learning from dogs with cancer and vice versa.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Flow cytometry, cell line models, proliferation, apoptosis, mediator release
- Bedeutung von pSTAT5 als Zielmolekül in JAK2 V617F positiven myeloproliferativen Neoplasien (2012)
Source of Funding: OeNB (Oesterreichische Nationalbank), Anniversary Fund
- Hadzijusufovic, E. et al., 2008. Targeting of heat-shock protein 32/heme oxygenase-1 in canine mastocytoma cells is associated with reduced growth and induction of apoptosis. Experimental Hematology, 36(11), pp.1461-1470. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.exphem.2008.06.002.
- Hadzijusufovic, E. et al., 2009. Growth-inhibitory effects of four tyrosine kinase inhibitors on neoplastic feline mast cells exhibiting a Kit exon 8 ITD mutation. Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology, 132(2-4), pp.243-250. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.vetimm.2009.05.007.
- Hadzijusufovic, E. et al., 2010. H1-receptor antagonists terfenadine and loratadine inhibit spontaneous growth of neoplastic mast cells. Experimental Hematology, 38(10), pp.896-907. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.exphem.2010.05.008.
- Hadzijusufovic, E. et al., 2012. NI-1: a novel canine mastocytoma model for studying drug resistance and IgER-dependent mast cell activation. Allergy, 67(7), pp.858-868. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2012.02833.x.
- Mirkina, I. et al., 2014. Phenotyping of Human Melanoma Cells Reveals a Unique Composition of Receptor Targets and a Subpopulation Co-Expressing ErbB4, EPO-R and NGF-R A. T. Slominski, ed. PLoS ONE, 9(1), p.e84417. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0084417.