Cardiology; Culture Media, Conditioned; Fibrin; Imaging, Three-Dimensional; Mesenchymal Stem Cell Transplantation; Quality Control; Regenerative Medicine; Tissue Engineering
- Ankersmit Lab for Diagnosis and Regeneration in Thoracic Diseases and Applied Immunology
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mariann Pavone-Gyöngyösi
As a human biologist (anthropology) my scientific background lies in the cell biology and molecular biology. My current research topic is cellular transformation in acute myocardial infarction in porcine in vivo models. Prior to that, I could gain experiences in soft tissue-engineering and wound-healing research as postdoc in the EU-project “Artivasc 3D” at the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Medical University of Vienna (development of a three-layered skin substitute for burn wounds). My PhD thesis discussed the application of fibrin sealant in wound healing (Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Experimental and Clinical Traumatology and Baxter Bioscience).
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Primary cell culture,
- Flow cytometry,
- Lukovic, D. et al., 2017. Inhibition of CD34+ cell migration by matrix metalloproteinase-2 during acute myocardial ischemia, counteracted by ischemic preconditioning. F1000Research, 5, p.2739. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.9957.3.
- Gugerell, A. et al., 2014. Electrospun Poly(ester-Urethane)- and Poly(ester-Urethane-Urea) Fleeces as Promising Tissue Engineering Scaffolds for Adipose-Derived Stem Cells M. A. Barbosa, ed. PLoS ONE, 9(3), p.e90676. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0090676.
- Gugerell, A. et al., 2014. Thrombin as important factor for cutaneous wound healing: Comparison of fibrin biomatrices in vitro and in a rat excisional wound healing model. Wound Repair Regen, 22(6), pp.740-748. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/wrr.12234.
- Gugerell, A. et al., 2014. Botulinum toxin A and lidocaine have an impact on adipose-derived stem cells, fibroblasts, and mature adipocytes in vitro. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery, 67(9), pp.1276-1281. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bjps.2014.05.029.
- Gugerell, A. et al., 2012. High thrombin concentrations in fibrin sealants induce apoptosis in human keratinocytes. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 100A(5), pp.1239-1247. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jbm.a.34007.