Diagnostic Imaging; Drug Discovery; Positron-Emission Tomography; Radiochemistry
My research interest are the development preclinical evaluation of radiopharmaceuticals. Currently, I focused on the establishment and development of hypoxia tracers and in vitro techniques for their investigations, based on spheroid cultures.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Drug development: synthetic inorganic and organic chemistry (schlenk technique), radiochemistry
- Analytical drug investigations: analytical and preparative HPLC (stability, lipophilicity, metabolism), 2D- and 3D- NMR, UV-Vis and IR spectroscopy
- In vitro techniques: preclinical 2D and 3D techniques (spheroid culture), antiproliferation assays, drug accumulation, FACS analysis, western blot, fluorescence microscopy
- Pichler, V. et al., 2015. Influence of reducing agents on the cytotoxic activity of platinum( iv ) complexes: induction of G 2 /M arrest, apoptosis and oxidative stress in A2780 and cisplatin resistant A2780cis cell lines . Metallomics, 7(7), pp.1078-1090. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c5mt00116a.
- Pichler, V. et al., 2013. Bulky N (, N )-(Di)alkylethane-1,2-diamineplatinum(II) Compounds as Precursors for Generating Unsymmetrically Substituted Platinum(IV) Complexes . Inorg. Chem., 52(14), pp.8151-8162. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ic400816g.
- Pichler, V. et al., 2013. Maleimide-functionalised platinum(iv) complexes as a synthetic platform for targeted drug delivery. Chemical Communications, 49(22), p.2249. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c3cc39258a.
- Pichler, V. et al., 2012. Unsymmetric Mono- and Dinuclear Platinum(IV) Complexes Featuring an Ethylene Glycol Moiety: Synthesis, Characterization, and Biological Activity. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 55(24), pp.11052-11061. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jm301645g.
- Pichler, V. et al., 2011. Mono-carboxylated diaminedichloridoplatinum(iv) complexes - selective synthesis, characterization, and cytotoxicity. Dalton Transactions, 40(32), p.8187. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/c1dt10301f.