Acid Etching, Dental; Biocompatible Materials; Biomechanical Phenomena; Curing Lights, Dental; Dental Abutments; Dental Alloys; Dental Amalgam; Dental Bonding; Dental Cements; Dental Clinics; Dental Debonding; Dental Materials
- Competence Center for Dental Materials
Estimation of the patient's risk of dental materials
A research focus of the Competence Center for Dental Materials is the development of preclinical test methods for the estimation of the patient risk of dental materials. These preclinical evaluations can be used in the context of product development and approval (CE marking) of new dental materials. The Competence Center for Dental Materials is accredited as a test center (ld. No. 231) according to the Accreditation Law and complies with the requirements of ÖVE / ÖNORM EN ISO / IEC 17025.
Scientific quality assurance in dentistry
From the impression to the finished technical restoration:
In scientific trials, the individual work steps are examined from the impression to the finished technical restoration (including cementation), with the aim of optimizing the quality and the fitting accuracy of the restorations. The accuracy of restorations produced by conventional techniques is compared with the accuracy of the restorations made with CAD / CAM techniques.
In scientific trials, the individual work steps during placing various direct filling materials are investigated in order to optimize the quality, the aesthetic result and the longevity of direct filling materials. Special attention is paid to the bonding process.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Cytoxicity, cell proliferation and cell differentiation under the influence of dental materials are investigated. Mechanical testing of materials and determination of the substance release of dental materials supplement the biological test methods.
- Proliferation, behavior, and differentiation of osteoblasts on surfaces of different microroughness. Andrukhov O, Huber R, Shi B, Berner S, Rausch-Fan X, Moritz A, Spencer ND, Schedle A. Dent Mater. 2016 Nov;32(11):1374-1384. doi: 10.1016/j.dental.2016.08.217.
- Survival of direct resin restorations in posterior teeth within a 19-year period (1996-2015): A meta-analysis of prospective studies. Beck F, Lettner S, Graf A, Bitriol B, Dumitrescu N, Bauer P, Moritz A, Schedle A. Dent Mater. 2015 Aug;31(8):958-85. doi: 10.1016/j.dental.2015.05.004. Review. PMID: 26091581
- Cytotoxicity of post and core composites as a function of environmental conditions. Franz A, Spinell T, Graf A, Wutzel H, Liska R, Watts DC, Moritz A, Schedle A. Dent Mater. 2014 Oct;30(10):1179-86. doi: 10.1016/j.dental.2014.07.011. PMID: 25179997
- One-year evaluation of two hybrid composites placed in a randomized-controlled clinical trial. Beck F, Dumitrescu N, König F, Graf A, Bauer P, Sperr W, Moritz A, Schedle A. Dent Mater. 2014 Aug;30(8):824-38. doi: 10.1016/j.dental.2014.05.006.
- Setting kinetics and shrinkage of self-adhesive resin cements depend on cure-mode and temperature. Kitzmüller K, Graf A, Watts D, Schedle A. Dent Mater. 2011 Jun;27(6):544-51. doi: 10.1016/j.dental.2011.02.004.