The mission of the Core Facility Applied Physics, Laser and CAD/CAM Technology is fundamental research, which is essential in dealing with issues in both material science and methodology in dentistry.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
The Core Facility contains two scanning electron microscopes:
- Hitachi scanning electron microscope TM 1000
- FEI scanning electron microscope Quanta 200
These devices enable material examinations in the following display methods:
- via secondary electrons (SE)
- via back-scattered electrons (RE)
- environmental scanning electron microscope (ESEM)
In the ESEM mode, organic material can be examined optically without additional surface processing of the sample (interference-free).
In addition, material analyses can be executed using an EDX analysis device (energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy).