- Applied and translational radiobiology
Molecular pathobiology of normal tissue effects of radiation exposure; radiation tolerance of normal tissues - endpoint specific; radiobiology and radiobiological effectiveness of different radiation qualities in both normal and tumour tissues; prognostic/predictive biomarkers of both normal and tumour tissue effects of different radiation qualities; strategies for biological/molecular modification of normal tissue and tumour radiation effects; radiation (quality-dependent) risk of radiation exposure for both stochastic and deterministic effects.
- Dörr W, Hendry JH. Consequential late effects in normal tissues Radiother Oncol 61,2001,223-231
- Dörr, W., Herrmann, T. & Baumann, M., 2014. Application of organ tolerance dose-constraints in clinical studies in radiation oncology. Strahlentherapie und Onkologie, 190(7), pp.621-627. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00066-014-0613-5.
- Georg, P. et al., 2012. Dose Effect Relationship for Late Side Effects of the Rectum and Urinary Bladder in Magnetic Resonance Image-Guided Adaptive Cervix Cancer Brachytherapy. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics, 82(2), pp.653-657. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2010.12.029.
- Gruber, S. et al., 2015. Local hypoxia in oral mucosa (mouse) during daily fractionated irradiation - Effect of pentoxifylline. Radiotherapy and Oncology, 116(3), pp.404-408. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2015.03.024.
- Gruber, S. & Dörr, W., 2016. Tissue reactions to ionizing radiation�Oral mucosa. Mutation Research/Reviews in Mutation Research, 770, pp.292-298. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mrrev.2016.07.007.