Endoscopy; Microscopy; Molecular Imaging; Nanotechnology; Optical Imaging; Photoacoustic Techniques; Tomography, Optical Coherence
- Leitgeb / Drexler Lab
- Translational multimodal optical imaging (OCT, MPM, CARS, SRS, Raman, photo acoustics, adaptive optics)
- Molecular contrast optical imaging (endogenous and exogenous contrast agents)
- Multimodal optical endoscopy (incl. cystoscopy, laparoscopy, tethered capsule, needle etc.)
- Intraoperative multimodal optical imaging (incl. eye, brain) – non-invasive therapy monitoring
- Biophotonics (incl. semiconductor, fiber based and ultrafast pulse laser technology)
- Nanophotonics - Photonics integrated circuit (PIC) based imaging and sensing (OCT on a chip, lab on a chip)
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- State of the art optical imaging laboratories with actively damped optical tables, optical analysis and test equipment
- Numerous OCT, microscopy, spectroscopy and optical endoscopy (probe) systems
- Ultrashort pulse laser technology (Titanium:sapphire laser, OPO) dye laser, fiber (PCF) based laser technology
- Akinetic and commercial swept source laser technology at various wavelengths
- Two clean rooms (class 1000 and class 100), a chemical lab, a dedicated mechanical workshop, plastic lab as well as state of the art additive manufacturing (3D printing) are available in the Center
- Tomography across the Scales (project part leader) (2017)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Special Research Programmes (SFB68)
- 3D photoakustische Bildgebungssonde für die intraoperative Diagnostik - 3DIntraOpProbe (2016)
Source of Funding: FFG (Austrian Research Promotion Agency), Bridge 1
- Hybrid optical and optoacoustic endoscope for esophageal tracking, ESOTRAC (2016)
Source of Funding: EU, H2020-ICT-2016-1
- Multi-modal, Endoscopic Biophotonic Imaging of Bladder Cancer for Point-of-Care Diagnosis - MIB (2016)
Source of Funding: EU, H2020-PHC-2015-two-stage
- Ophthalmic OCT on a Chip, OCTCHIP (2016)
Source of Funding: EU, H2020-ICT-2015
Coordinator of the collaborative project
- Chen, Z. et al., 2017. Non-invasive multimodal optical coherence and photoacoustic tomography for human skin imaging. Scientific Reports, 7(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-18331-9.
- W. Drexler, J.G. Fujimoto, 2015. Optical Coherence Tomography: Technology and Applications, 2nd edition, Springer International Publishing Switzerland, 3 Volumes, 2571 pages, 337 b/w illustrations, 1104 illustrations in colour, ISBN 978-3-319-06420-8
- Bizheva, K. et al., 2006. Optophysiology: Depth-resolved probing of retinal physiology with functional ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomography. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 103(13), pp.5066-5071. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0506997103.
- Fercher, A.F. et al., 2003. Optical coherence tomography - principles and applications. Reports on Progress in Physics, 66(2), pp.239-303. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0034-4885/66/2/204.
- Drexler, W. et al., 2001. Ultrahigh-resolution ophthalmic optical coherence tomography. Nature Medicine, 7(4), pp.502-507. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/86589.