Allergy and Immunology; Allergy Diagnosis; Clinical Immunology; Dermatology; Oncology; Vaccinology
Prof. Erika Jensen-Jarolim, MD, immunologist, is appointed to the interuniversity Messerli Research Institut, Vienna, Austria. Her academic research is dedicated to immunological mechanisms underlying hypersensitivity or tolerance to antigens, and to improve therapy of allergy. In daily patient care she practices molecular allergy diagnosis.
- Comparative Allergology (2013)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), doctoral college MCCA-Molecular, Clin. & Cell. Allergology parts I & II (project part leader)
- Cellular interactions decisive for immune responses in allergy (2012)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), CCHD-Cell Communications in Health and Disease, part III (project part leader)
- IgE/IgG targeting of cancer antigens ErbB-1 & ErbB-2 in dog (2011)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Stand-Alone Projects
- Towards prevention and therapy of allergy (project part leader) (2011)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Special Research Programmes (SFB46)
- Untersmayr, E., 2003. Antacid medication inhibits digestion of dietary proteins and causes food allergy A fish allergy model in balb/c mice. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 112(3), pp.616-623. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0091-6749(03)01719-6.
- JAROLIM, E. et al., 1989. IgE and IgG antibodies of patients with allergy to birch pollen as tools to define the allergen profile of Betula verrucosa*. Allergy, 44(6), pp.385-395. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1398-9995.1989.tb04169.x.
- Untersmayr, E. & Jensen-Jarolim, E., 2008. The role of protein digestibility and antacids on food allergy outcomes. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 121(6), pp.1301-1308. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2008.04.025.
- Untersmayr, E. et al., 2005. Anti-ulcer drugs promote IgE formation toward dietary antigens in adult patients. The FASEB Journal, 19(6), pp.656-658. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1096/fj.04-3170fje.
- Jensen-Jarolim, E. et al., 2008. AllergoOncology: the role of IgE-mediated allergy in cancer. Allergy, 63(10), pp.1255-1266. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1398-9995.2008.01768.x.