- Hitzenberger/Pircher Lab
I received my BSc and MSc in medical informatics from the Technical University of Vienna, Austria, in 2010 and 2014, respectively. Currently, I am a PhD student at the Center for Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria. My interests include optical imaging techniques, image processing and pattern recognition particularly in life sciences.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and its (functional) extensions such as polarization sensitive OCT, or Doppler OCT/ OCT angiography in animal models. Furthermore: Image processing and analysis, pattern recognition and machine learning particularly in life sciences.
- Augustin, M. et al., 2016. Multi-Functional OCT Enables Longitudinal Study of Retinal Changes in a VLDLR Knockout Mouse Model. PLOS ONE. 11(10), p.e0164419. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0164419.
- Baumann, B. et al., 2015. Melanin Pigmentation in Rat Eyes: In Vivo Imaging by Polarization-Sensitive Optical Coherence Tomography and Comparison to Histology. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci., 56(12), p.7462. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1167/iovs.15-17742.
- Fialova, S. et al., 2016. Polarization properties of single layers in the posterior eyes of mice and rats investigated using high resolution polarization sensitive optical coherence tomography. Biomed. Opt. Express, 7(4), p.1479. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.7.001479.
- Baumann, B. et al., 2017. Visualization of neuritic plaques in Alzheimer's disease by polarization-sensitive optical coherence microscopy. Scientific Reports, 7, p.43477. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/srep43477.
- Salas, M. et al., 2016. Visualization of micro-capillaries using optical coherence tomography angiography with and without adaptive optics. Biomedical Optics Express, 8(1), p.207. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.8.000207.