Anastomosis, Roux-en-Y; Bariatric Medicine; Bariatric Surgery; Bariatrics; Bile Reflux; Gastric Bypass; Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
As a member of Univ. Doz. Dr. Gerhard Prager’s team for metabolic and bariatric surgery I have specialized in doing research on Sleeve Gastrectomy, One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass, as well as the treatment of weight regain after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. My long-term study of Sleeve gastrectomy focusses reflux, weight regain, and quality of life. With my ongoing RCT on One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass I aim at revealing the impact of anti-reflux sutures on biliary reflux after the procedure. I am also studying the outcome of different methods of treating weight regain (e.g. pouch resizing and banding) after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
- Retrospective database analyses
- Prospective clinical trials
- Esophageal Function and (Biliary) Reflux Evaluated by Impedance-24h-pH-metry, High-resolution Manometry, and Gastroscopy after One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass (2021)
Source of Funding: EU, European Association for Endoscopic Surgery and other Interventional Techniques - Research Grant
- Prospective, randomized, controlled trial of Omega Loop Gastric Bypass with and without anti-reflux sutures – a pilot study (2017)
Source of Funding: Medical Scientific Fund of the Mayor of the City of Vienna,
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al. (2022) ‘Fifteen Years after Sleeve Gastrectomy: Gastroscopies, Manometries, and 24-h pH-Metries in a Long-Term Follow-Up: A Multicenter Study’, Obesity Facts, pp. 1–8. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1159/000526170.
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al. (2022) ‘Outcome of Sleeve Gastrectomy Converted to Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass and One-Anastomosis Gastric Bypass’, Obesity Surgery, 32(3), pp. 643–651. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-021-05866-0.
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al. (2020) ‘Meta-analysis of Postoperative Mortality and Morbidity After Total Abdominal Colectomy Versus Loop Ileostomy With Colonic Lavage for Fulminant Clostridium Difficile Colitis’, Diseases of the Colon & Rectum, 63(9), pp. 1317–1326. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/dcr.0000000000001764.
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al., 2018. Update: 10 Years of Sleeve Gastrectomy—the First 103 Patients. Obesity Surgery, 28(11), pp.3586–3594. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-018-3399-1.
- Felsenreich, D.M. et al., 2019. Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass as a Treatment for Barrett’sEsophagus after Sleeve Gastrectomy. Obesity Surgery. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11695-019-04292-7.