ACTH-Secreting Pituitary Adenoma; Adrenal Cortex Diseases; Cushing Syndrome; Glucocorticoids; Glucose Metabolism Disorders; Growth Hormone; Growth Hormone-Secreting Pituitary Adenoma; Hypopituitarism; Neuroendocrine Cells; Neuroendocrine Tumors; Pituitary Diseases; Pituitary-Adrenal System; Registries
- Neuroendocrinology and rare endocrine diseases
Our research includes clinical and translational projects in the field of neuroendocrinology and rare endocrine diseases with a special focus on neuroendocrine-metabolic-immune interactions. We aim to elucidate novel cross-talks governing the regulation and function of pituitary hormones and glucocorticoids at both cellular at systemic levels. In addition, we investigate pathophysiological mechanisms and outcomes in patients with pituitary diseases and other rare endocrine diseases.
- Schernthaner-Reiter, M.H. et al., 2021. Acute and Life-threatening Complications in Cushing Syndrome: Prevalence, Predictors, and Mortality. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1210/clinem/dgab058.
- Vila, G. et al., 2020. Hypertension in Acromegaly in Relationship to Biochemical Control and Mortality: Global ACROSTUDY Outcomes. Frontiers in Endocrinology, 11. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fendo.2020.577173.
- Vila, G. et al., 2015. Pregnancy outcomes in women with growth hormone deficiency. Fertility and Sterility, 104(5), pp.1210–1217.e1. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2015.07.1132.
- Vila, G. et al., 2012. B-Type Natriuretic Peptide Modulates Ghrelin, Hunger, and Satiety in Healthy Men. Diabetes, 61(10), pp.2592–2596. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.2337/db11-1466.
- Vila, G. et al., 2004. Sonic hedgehog regulates CRH signal transduction in the adult pituitary. The FASEB Journal, 19(2), pp.1–15. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1096/fj.04-2138fje.