Attachment representation; Language Development; Neurosciences; Psychoanalysis
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
functional Near-infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS):
fNIRS is a non-invasive and safe method used to measure brain activity through the intact skull. fNIRS measures blood oxygenation level changes directly and it can determine concentration changes of both, oxy-hemoglobin and deoxy-hemoglobin, with high temporal resolution.
Structured Interview of Personality Organisation (STIPO):
The STIPO is a semi-structured interview that yields a dimensional assessment of the domains of functioning central to Kernberg's theory of personality organization.
Adult attachment Interview (AAI)
- The Influence of Parent-Infant-Interaction on Neural Language Development in Preterm Born Children (2022)
Source of Funding: Medical University of Vienna, CCP
- Do we care about the powerless third? An ERP study on social interaction and economic decision making (2007)
Source of Funding: OeAW (Austrian Academy of Sciences), DOCforte
- Alexopoulos, J. et al. (2022) ‘Sex differences in neural processing of speech in neonates’, Cortex, 157, pp. 117–128. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cortex.2022.09.007.
- Alexopoulos, J. et al. (2021) ‘The duration of intrauterine development influences discrimination of speech prosody in infants’, Developmental Science, 24(5). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/desc.13110.
- Bartha-Doering, L. et al. (2019) ‘Absence of neural speech discrimination in preterm infants at term-equivalent age’, Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 39, p. 100679. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.dcn.2019.100679.
- Tmej, A. et al. (2018) ‘Changes in Attachment Representation in Psychotherapy: Is Reflective Functioning the Crucial Factor?’, Zeitschrift für Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, 64(3), pp. 222–236. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.13109/zptm.2018.64.3.222.
- Giordano, V. et al. (2021) ‘Accent discrimination abilities during the first days of life: An fNIRS study’, Brain and Language, 223, p. 105039. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bandl.2021.105039.