Fetal Diseases; Fetal Growth Retardation; Hypertension, Pregnancy-Induced; Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular; Pregnancy, High-Risk; Ultrasonography, Prenatal
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy
Priv. Doz. DDr. Binder's research interests focus on hypertensive disorders of pregnancy (biomarkers and cardiovascular assessment), fetal growth restriction, prenatal ultrasound and fetal Medicine.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
The Department of Obstetrics and fetomaternal Medicine offers a biobank with longitudinal samples of healthy pregnant women as well as of women with Hypertensive disorders of Pregnancy.
- Maternal hemodynamics in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy - a human and animal model under antihypertensive therapy- HyperDiP (2018)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), ERA CVD
- Binder, J. et al., 2020. The Prognostic Value of Angiogenic Markers in Twin Pregnancies to Predict Delivery Due to Maternal Complications of Preeclampsia. Hypertension, 76(1), pp.176–183. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.120.14957.
- Perry, H. et al., 2020. Maternal haemodynamic function differs in pre‐eclampsia when it is associated with a small‐for‐gestational‐age newborn: a prospective cohort study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.16269.
- Perry, H. et al., 2020. Angiogenic Marker Prognostic Models in Pregnant Women With Hypertension. Hypertension, 75(3), pp.755–761. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.119.13997.
- Binder, J. et al., 2018. Reduced fetal movements and cerebroplacental ratio: evidence for worsening fetal hypoxemia. Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology, 51(3), pp.375–380. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/uog.18830.
- Binder, J. et al., 2018. De‐novo abnormal uteroplacental circulation in third trimester: pregnancy outcome and pathological implications. Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology, 52(1), pp.60–65. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/uog.17564.