Mesothelioma; Small Cell Lung Carcinoma; Translational Medical Research
I am working in the field of preclinical, translational cancer research, focusing on the characterization of the malignant phenotype as well as the establishment of novel treatment approaches in thoracic malignancies, including non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), pleural mesothelioma (PM) and small cell lung cancer (SCLC).
- Crosstalk between YB-1 and microRNAs: a vicious cycle in malignant pleural mesothelioma? (2019)
Source of Funding: City of Vienna, City of Vienna Fund for Innovative Interdisciplinary Cancer Research
- YB-1 – master regulator of mesothelioma malignancy (2018)
Source of Funding: FWF (Austrian Science Fund), Hertha Firnberg Postdoctoral Program Fellowship
- Szeitz, B. et al. (2022) ‘In‐depth proteomic analysis reveals unique subtype‐specific signatures in human small‐cell lung cancer’, Clinical and Translational Medicine, 12(9). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ctm2.1060.
- Megyesfalvi, Z. et al. (2022) ‘Expression patterns and prognostic relevance of subtype‐specific transcription factors in surgically resected small‐cell lung cancer: an international multicenter study’, The Journal of Pathology, 257(5), pp. 674–686. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/path.5922.
- Johnson, T.G. et al. (2018) ‘Dysregulated Expression of the MicroRNA miR-137 and Its Target YBX1 Contribute to the Invasive Characteristics of Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma’, Journal of Thoracic Oncology, 13(2), pp. 258–272. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtho.2017.10.016.
- Schelch, K. et al. (2017) ‘A link between the fibroblast growth factor axis and the miR‐16 family reveals potential new treatment combinations in mesothelioma’, Molecular Oncology, 12(1), pp. 58–73. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/1878-0261.12150.
- Schelch, K. et al. (2014) ‘Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor Inhibition Is Active against Mesothelioma and Synergizes with Radio- and Chemotherapy’, American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 190(7), pp. 763–772. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201404-0658oc.