Astrocytoma; Brain tumor biomarkers; Glioma; Immunotherapy; Medical Oncology; Neurooncology; Oligodendroglioma; Prognosis
- Brain Tumor Program
- Immuno-oncology program
My research focuses on primary brain tumors in adults, with a main interest on diffuse gliomas and tumor-immune system interactions in brain neoplasms. In specific, we are aiming to define clinical, genetic, epigenetic, and immunological factors associated with prognosis and therapy response, with the overarching goal of improving the therapeutical management and outcomes of patients with brain tumors.
As an additional research interest, we aimed to elucidate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in patients with cancer. In particular, we analyzed clinical and immunological responses towards SARS-CoV-2 vaccinations, with the objective to inform vaccination strategies in immunocompromised individuals such as hematooncological patients.
- Mair, M.J. et al. (2022) ‘Early Postoperative Treatment versus Initial Observation in CNS WHO Grade 2 and 3 Oligodendroglioma: Clinical Outcomes and DNA Methylation Patterns’, Clinical Cancer Research, 28(20), pp. 4565–4573. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.ccr-22-1133.
- Mair, M.J. et al. (2021) ‘LAG-3 expression in the inflammatory microenvironment of glioma’, Journal of Neuro-Oncology, 152(3), pp. 533–539. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11060-021-03721-x.
- Mair, M.J. et al. (2020) ‘Soluble PD-L1 is associated with local and systemic inflammation markers in primary and secondary brain tumours’, ESMO Open, 5(6), p. e000863. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/esmoopen-2020-000863.
- Mair, M.J. et al. (2023) ‘Understanding the activity of antibody–drug conjugates in primary and secondary brain tumours’, Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41571-023-00756-z.
- Mair, M.J. et al. (2022) ‘Humoral Immune Response in Hematooncological Patients and Health Care Workers Who Received SARS-CoV-2 Vaccinations’, JAMA Oncology, 8(1), p. 106. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2021.5437.