Attitude to Computers; Automatic Data Processing; Body Temperature Changes; Computer Literacy; Data Interpretation, Statistical; Data Mining; Database Management Systems; Decision Making, Computer-Assisted; Decision Support Techniques; Diagnosis, Computer-Assisted; Drug Therapy, Computer-Assisted; Human-computer Interaction; Hypothermia; Statistics; Therapy, Computer-Assisted; Thermometers
- AG Daten
Head: Oliver Kimberger
Research Area: Perioperative Data Science
My main research focus is the application/implementation of novel data processing technology in the field of perioperative data science for decision support, disease detection and prevention and - ultimately - establishment of personalized medicine via "virtual twin" concepts and also includes human/computer interaction.
Additionally my research interests also include hypothermia research (accidental and therapeutic), methods for the conservation of normothermia and measurement of core temperature.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
Perioperative Data Science Lab with access to supercomputing, "big data" processing, data mining analytics, AR/VR methodology in collaboration with the LBI for Digital Health and Patient Safety.
- Wallisch, C. et al., 2021. Development and internal validation of an algorithm to predict intraoperative risk of inadvertent hypothermia based on preoperative data. Scientific Reports, 11(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-01743-z.
- Sulyok, I. et al., 2021. A randomised, non-inferiority study of chloroprocaine 2% and ropivacaine 0.75% in ultrasound-guided axillary block. Scientific Reports, 11(1). Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-89483-y.
- Bologheanu, R. et al., 2021. Outcomes of non-COVID-19 critically ill patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Wiener klinische Wochenschrift, 133(17-18), pp.942–950. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00508-021-01857-4.
- Sulyok, I. et al., 2012. Effect of preoperative fever-range whole-body hyperthermia on immunological markers in patients undergoing colorectal cancer surgery †. British Journal of Anaesthesia, 109(5), pp.754–761. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/bja/aes248.
- Schebesta, K. et al., 2012. Degrees of Reality. Anesthesiology, 116(6), pp.1204–1209. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0b013e318254cf41.