Anatomy, Regional; Intensive Care Units, Pediatric; Pharmacology, Clinical
My main research focus is regional anaesthesia and paediatric anaesthesia. Our study group initiated the use of ultrasound for regional anaesthesia purposes, and since that time we established these techniques worldwide. Regional anaesthesia became safer and more practicable with the use of ultrasound.
Techniques, methods & infrastructure
The cooperation with the Department of Clinical Pharmacology enables volunteer studies in the field of regional anaesthesia. Data from these studies are exact and can be transferred in the daily clinical practice. We perform pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic clinical studies in adult volunteers. Studies with paediatric populations can be only performed in the OR, and we are able to answer various clinical questions with highest ethical and scientific standards.
- Zadrazil, M. et al. (2022) ‘ADV6209 for Premedication in Pediatric Anesthesia: A Double-Blinded, Randomized Controlled Trial’, Pharmaceutics, 14(10), p. 2062. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/pharmaceutics14102062.
- Zadrazil, M. et al. (2022) ‘Ad-hoc preoperative management and respiratory events in pediatric anesthesia during the first COVID-19 lockdown–an observational cohort study’, PLOS ONE. Edited by T.-H. Chen, 17(8), p. e0273353. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0273353.
- Opfermann, P. et al. (2022) ‘Ultrasound‐guided caudal blockade and sedation for paediatric surgery: a retrospective cohort study’, Anaesthesia, 77(7), pp. 785–794. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/anae.15738.
- Opfermann, P. et al. (2021) ‘Generic versus reference listed ropivacaine for peripheral nerve blockade’, European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Publish Ahead of Print. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/eja.0000000000001424.
- Opfermann, P. et al. (2021) ‘Epidural versus general anesthesia for open pyloromyotomy in infants: A retrospective observational study’, Pediatric Anesthesia. Edited by F. Veyckemans, 31(4), pp. 452–460. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/pan.14114.