ATP-Binding Cassette Transporters; Blood-Brain Barrier; Drug Development; Drug Interactions; Lung; Membrane Transport Proteins; Pharmacokinetics; Pharmacology, Clinical; Positron-Emission Tomography; Tissue Distribution
- Section of Clinical Pharmacokinetics / Pharmacogenetics and Imaging
Head: Markus Zeitlinger
Research Area: Our main focus is the study of the drug distribution process by employing techniques to measure target site distribution directly, i.e. PET or microdialysis.
- Translational Pharmacokinetic Imaging
Head: Oliver Langer
- Mairinger, S. et al. (2022) ‘Impact of P-gp and BCRP on pulmonary drug disposition assessed by PET imaging in rats’, Journal of Controlled Release, 349, pp. 109–117. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jconrel.2022.06.065.
- Mairinger, S. et al. (2022) ‘Nuclear medicine imaging methods as novel tools in the assessment of pulmonary drug disposition’, Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, pp. 1–15. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17425247.2022.2137143.
- Mairinger, S. et al. (2020) ‘Assessing the Activity of Multidrug Resistance–Associated Protein 1 at the Lung Epithelial Barrier’, Journal of Nuclear Medicine, 61(11), pp. 1650–1657. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.120.244038.
- Mairinger, S. et al. (2020) ‘Plasma pharmacokinetic and metabolism of [18F]THK-5317 are dependent on sex’, Nuclear Medicine and Biology, 84–85, pp. 28–32. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nucmedbio.2020.01.001.
- Mairinger, S. et al. (2018) ‘Influence of breast cancer resistance protein and P-glycoprotein on tissue distribution and excretion of Ko143 assessed with PET imaging in mice’, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 115, pp. 212–222. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejps.2018.01.034.